Making a Public Comment
A Public Hearing has been scheduled for 6:00 pm, Tuesday, October 19, 2021 at the Penticton Trade and Convention Centre, 273 Power St., Penticton, B.C.
All meetings will be live streamed via the City’s website at: https://www.penticton.ca/city-hall/city-council/councilmeetings.
Select the Watch Live button.
Any person whose interest may be affected by the proposed bylaw:
- May participate at the Public Hearing via Zoom. Please visit www.penticton.ca for details and the Zoom link.
- May participate at the Public Hearing via telephone. Please visit www.penticton.ca for details and the telephone number.
- Submit written comments by mail or email no later than 9:30 am, Tuesday, October 19, 2021 to
Attention: Corporate Officer, City of Penticton 171 Main Street, Penticton, B.C. V2A 5A9
- May appear in person. (Adapted to comply with Provincial/Interior Health Orders.)
No letter, report or representation from the public will be received by Council after the conclusion of the October 19, 2021 Public Hearing.
Please note that all correspondence submitted to the City of Penticton in response to this Notice must include your name and address and will form part of the public record and will be published in a meeting agenda when this matter is before the Council or a Committee of Council. The City considers the author’s name and address relevant to Council’s consideration of this matter and will disclose this personal information. The author’s phone number and email address is not relevant and should not be included in the correspondence if the author does not wish this personal information disclosed.
The applicants are proposing a multi-family development on the property located at 955 Timmins Street that features a mix of townhouse and apartment units (total 219 units). In order to facilitate the proposed development, the applicants are requesting the following:
- To amend the Official Community Plan (OCP) future land use designation on the subject property from Industrial and Urban Residential to only Urban Residential, and
- To amend the zoning on the property from M1 (General Industrial) to RM3 (Medium Density Multiple Housing).
This report will also present the engagement summary from the public engagement period that occurred between July 26, 2021 and August 29, 2021 to seek feedback from the community on the proposed development.
Official Community Plan The Official Community Plan Bylaw No. 2019-08 was adopted in August 2019, establishing a vision for Penticton’s growth over the next 30 years and beyond. It provides strategic policies and direction for meeting that vision. The plan, however, is not meant to be a static document; it includes a process, through meaningful community consultation, where amendments to the plan may be considered as long as the vision and intent remains intact.
The OCP considers population growth and creates a growth plan for how the anticipated growth can be accommodated. Penticton’s growth plan places great emphasis on strategic and sensitive use of our limited land base. It recognizes that we must make the most efficient use of the land and infrastructure we have available, and also protect the natural environment that many residents value.